Town of Millinocket, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Millinocket Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Millinocket, Maine. You can contact the Town of Millinocket Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Town of Millinocket property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Town of Millinocket Assessor's Office is located in Millinocket, Penobscot County, Maine.
Town of Millinocket Assessor Contact Information
Town of Millinocket Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Millinocket Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Millinocket Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Millinocket Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Millinocket.
- The Town of Millinocket Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Millinocket Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Millinocket, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Millinocket about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Millinocket Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-723-7005. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Millinocket assessor's office at 207-723-7002. Please call the assessor's office in Millinocket before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bangor Superior Court at 207-561-2300.