Town of Lamoine, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Lamoine Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Lamoine, Maine. You can contact the Town of Lamoine Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Town of Lamoine property tax due date
The Town of Lamoine Assessor's Office is located in the Lamoine Town Hall in Lamoine, Hancock County, Maine.
Town of Lamoine Assessor Contact Information
Town of Lamoine Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Lamoine Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Lamoine Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Lamoine Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Lamoine.
- The Town of Lamoine Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Lamoine Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Lamoine, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Lamoine about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Lamoine Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-667-2242. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Lamoine assessor's office at 207-667-2242. Please call the assessor's office in Lamoine before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.