Town of Damariscotta, Maine - Assessor's Office
The Town of Damariscotta Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Damariscotta, Maine. You can contact the Town of Damariscotta Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Town of Damariscotta property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Town of Damariscotta Assessor's Office is located in Damariscotta, Lincoln County, Maine.
Town of Damariscotta Assessor Contact Information
Town of Damariscotta Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Damariscotta Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Damariscotta Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Damariscotta Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Damariscotta.
- The Town of Damariscotta Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Damariscotta Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Damariscotta, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Damariscotta about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Damariscotta Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 207-563-5168. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Damariscotta assessor's office at 207-563-6862. Please call the assessor's office in Damariscotta before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town of Damariscotta government at 207-882-7517.