parish, louisiana - Assessor's Office
The parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in parish, louisiana. You can contact the parish Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the parish property tax due date
The parish Assessor's Office is located in , louisiana. is the county seat of parish, where most local government offices are located.
parish Assessor Contact Information
parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the parish Tax Appraiser.
- The parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in parish.
- The parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at . Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.