St. Landry Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The St. Landry Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in St. Landry Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the St. Landry Parish Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the St. Landry Parish property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The St. Landry Parish Assessor's Office is located in Opelousas, Louisiana. Opelousas is the county seat of St. Landry Parish, where most local government offices are located.
St. Landry Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional St. Landry Parish Information
St. Landry Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the St. Landry Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the St. Landry Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The St. Landry Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in St. Landry Parish.
- The St. Landry Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The St. Landry Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in St. Landry Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting St. Landry Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the St. Landry Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 337-942-3166. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the St. Landry Parish assessor's office at 337-942-3174. Please call the assessor's office in Opelousas before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the St. Landry Parish government at 337-942-6860.