Lincoln Parish, Louisiana - Assessor's Office
The Lincoln Parish Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lincoln Parish, Louisiana. You can contact the Lincoln Parish Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Lincoln Parish property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The Lincoln Parish Assessor's Office is located in Ruston, Louisiana.
Lincoln Parish Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lincoln Parish Information
Lincoln Parish Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lincoln Parish Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lincoln Parish Tax Appraiser.
- The Lincoln Parish Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lincoln Parish.
- The Lincoln Parish Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lincoln Parish Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lincoln Parish, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lincoln Parish about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lincoln Parish Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 318-251-5140. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ruston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.