Larue County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Larue County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Larue County, Kentucky. You can contact the Larue County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Larue County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Larue County Assessor's Office is located in Hodgenville, Kentucky. Hodgenville is the county seat of Larue County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Larue County Courthouse, at 209 West High Street.
Larue County Assessor Contact Information
Larue County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Larue County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Larue County Tax Appraiser.
- The Larue County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Larue County.
- The Larue County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Larue County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Larue County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Larue County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Larue County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-358-4202. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Larue County assessor's office at 270-358-0552. Please call the assessor's office in Hodgenville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Larue County Courthouse at 270-358-4400.