Casey County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Casey County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Casey County, Kentucky. You can contact the Casey County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Casey County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Casey County Assessor's Office is located in Liberty, Kentucky. Liberty is the county seat of Casey County, where most local government offices are located.
Casey County Assessor Contact Information
Casey County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Casey County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Casey County Tax Appraiser.
- The Casey County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Casey County.
- The Casey County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Casey County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Casey County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Casey County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Casey County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-787-7621. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Liberty before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Casey County Courthouse at 606-787-6154.