Carter County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Carter County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Carter County, Kentucky. You can contact the Carter County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Carter County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Carter County Assessor's Office is located in Grayson, Kentucky.
Carter County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Carter County Information
Carter County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Carter County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Carter County Tax Appraiser.
- The Carter County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Carter County.
- The Carter County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Carter County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Carter County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Carter County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Carter County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 606-474-5663. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Grayson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.