Barren County, Kentucky - Assessor's Office
The Barren County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Barren County, Kentucky. You can contact the Barren County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Barren County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The Barren County Assessor's Office is located in Glasgow, Kentucky. Glasgow is the county seat of Barren County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Barren County Courthouse, at 117-2B North Public Square.
Barren County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Barren County Information
Barren County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Barren County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Barren County Tax Appraiser.
- The Barren County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Barren County.
- The Barren County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Barren County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Barren County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Barren County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Barren County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 270-651-2026. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Barren County assessor's office at 270-651-6895. Please call the assessor's office in Glasgow before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Barren County Courthouse at 270-651-3783.