Geary County, Kansas - Assessor's Office
The Geary County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Geary County, Kansas. You can contact the Geary County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Geary County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Geary County Assessor's Office is located in Junction City, Kansas. Junction City is the county seat of Geary County, where most local government offices are located.
Geary County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Geary County Information
Geary County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Geary County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Geary County Tax Appraiser.
- The Geary County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Geary County.
- The Geary County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Geary County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Geary County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Geary County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Geary County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 785-238-4407. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Geary County assessor's office at 785-762-4670. Please call the assessor's office in Junction City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Geary County Courthouse at 785-762-5221.