Black Hawk County, Iowa - Assessor's Office
The Black Hawk County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Black Hawk County, Iowa. You can contact the Black Hawk County Assessor for:
- Checking the Black Hawk County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Black Hawk County Assessor's Office is located in Waterloo, Iowa. Waterloo is the county seat of Black Hawk County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Black Hawk County Courthouse, at 316 East 5th Street, Room 209.
Black Hawk County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Black Hawk County Information
Black Hawk County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Black Hawk County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Black Hawk County Tax Appraiser.
- The Black Hawk County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Black Hawk County.
- The Black Hawk County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Black Hawk County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Black Hawk County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Black Hawk County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Black Hawk County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 319-833-3006. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Black Hawk County assessor's office at 319-833-3100. Please call the assessor's office in Waterloo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Black Hawk County Courthouse at 319-833-3003.