La Porte County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The La Porte County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in La Porte County, Indiana. You can contact the La Porte County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the La Porte County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The La Porte County Assessor's Office is located in La Porte, Indiana.
La Porte County Assessor Contact Information
Additional La Porte County Information
La Porte County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the La Porte County Tax Assessor may also serve as the La Porte County Tax Appraiser.
- The La Porte County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in La Porte County.
- The La Porte County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The La Porte County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in La Porte County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting La Porte County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the La Porte County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 219-326-6808-Ext.-2268. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the La Porte County assessor's office at 219-326-7084. Please call the assessor's office in La Porte before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.