Hendricks County, Indiana - Assessor's Office
The Hendricks County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hendricks County, Indiana. You can contact the Hendricks County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Hendricks County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Hendricks County Assessor's Office is located in Danville, Indiana. Danville is the county seat of Hendricks County, where most local government offices are located.
Hendricks County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hendricks County Information
Hendricks County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hendricks County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hendricks County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hendricks County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hendricks County.
- The Hendricks County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hendricks County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hendricks County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hendricks County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hendricks County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 317-745-9207. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Danville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Hendricks County Courthouse at 317-745-9221.