Rock Island County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Rock Island County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rock Island County, Illinois. You can contact the Rock Island County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Rock Island County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Rock Island County Assessor's Office is located in Rock Island, Illinois.
Rock Island County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rock Island County Information
Rock Island County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rock Island County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rock Island County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rock Island County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rock Island County.
- The Rock Island County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rock Island County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rock Island County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rock Island County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rock Island County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 309-558-3660. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Rock Island before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.