Ogle County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Ogle County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ogle County, Illinois. You can contact the Ogle County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Ogle County property tax due date
The Ogle County Assessor's Office is located in the Ogle County Courthouse in Oregon, Illinois. Oregon is the county seat of Ogle County, where most local government offices are located.
Ogle County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ogle County Information
Ogle County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ogle County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ogle County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ogle County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ogle County.
- The Ogle County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ogle County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ogle County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ogle County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ogle County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 815-732-1150. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ogle County assessor's office at 815-732-6273. Please call the assessor's office in Oregon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ste 104 at 815-732-3201.