La Salle County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The La Salle County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in La Salle County, Illinois. You can contact the La Salle County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the La Salle County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The La Salle County Assessor's Office is located in the La Salle County Courthouse in Ottawa, Illinois.
La Salle County Assessor Contact Information
Additional La Salle County Information
La Salle County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the La Salle County Tax Assessor may also serve as the La Salle County Tax Appraiser.
- The La Salle County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in La Salle County.
- The La Salle County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The La Salle County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in La Salle County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting La Salle County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the La Salle County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 815-434-8233. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Ottawa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.