Kane County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Kane County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kane County, Illinois. You can contact the Kane County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Kane County property tax due date
The Kane County Assessor's Office is located in Geneva, Illinois. Geneva is the county seat of Kane County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kane County Government Center, at 719 South Batavia Avenue, Bldg. C.
Kane County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kane County Information
Kane County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kane County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kane County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kane County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kane County.
- The Kane County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kane County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kane County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kane County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kane County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 630-208-3818. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kane County assessor's office at 630-208-3824. Please call the assessor's office in Geneva before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kane County Government Center at 630-232-3400.