Crawford County, Illinois - Assessor's Office
The Crawford County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crawford County, Illinois. You can contact the Crawford County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Crawford County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Crawford County Assessor's Office is located in Robinson, Illinois. Robinson is the county seat of Crawford County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Crawford County government, at 100 South Douglas.
Crawford County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crawford County Information
Crawford County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crawford County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crawford County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crawford County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crawford County.
- The Crawford County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crawford County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crawford County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crawford County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crawford County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 618-544-8221. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Robinson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crawford County government at 618-546-1212.