Owyhee County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Owyhee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Owyhee County, Idaho. You can contact the Owyhee County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Owyhee County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Owyhee County Assessor's Office is located in Murphy, Idaho. Murphy is the county seat of Owyhee County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Owyhee County Courthouse, at P.O. Box 128.
Owyhee County Assessor Contact Information
Owyhee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Owyhee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Owyhee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Owyhee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Owyhee County.
- The Owyhee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Owyhee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Owyhee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Owyhee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Owyhee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-495-2817. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Owyhee County assessor's office at 208-495-1483. Please call the assessor's office in Murphy before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Owyhee County Courthouse at 208-495-2421.