Ada County, Idaho - Assessor's Office
The Ada County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Ada County, Idaho. You can contact the Ada County Assessor for:
- Checking the Ada County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Ada County Assessor's Office is located in the Courthouse Complex East in Boise, Idaho. Boise is the county seat of Ada County, where most local government offices are located.
Ada County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Ada County Information
Ada County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Ada County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Ada County Tax Appraiser.
- The Ada County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Ada County.
- The Ada County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Ada County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Ada County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Ada County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Ada County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 208-287-7200. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Ada County assessor's office at 208-287-7209. Please call the assessor's office in Boise before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Ada County Courthouse at 208-287-7000.