Maui County, Hawaii - Assessor's Office
The Maui County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Maui County, Hawaii. You can contact the Maui County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Maui County property tax due date
The Maui County Assessor's Office is located in Kahului, Hawaii.
Maui County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Maui County Information
Maui County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Maui County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Maui County Tax Appraiser.
- The Maui County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Maui County.
- The Maui County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Maui County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Maui County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Maui County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Maui County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 808-270-7297. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Maui County assessor's office at 808-270-7884. Please call the assessor's office in Kahului before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kalana O Maui Building at 808-270-7838.