Honolulu County, Hawaii - Assessor's Office
The Honolulu County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Honolulu County, Hawaii. You can contact the Honolulu County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Honolulu County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Honolulu County Assessor's Office is located in Honolulu, Hawaii. Honolulu is the county seat of Honolulu County, where most local government offices are located.
Honolulu County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Honolulu County Information
Honolulu County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Honolulu County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Honolulu County Tax Appraiser.
- The Honolulu County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Honolulu County.
- The Honolulu County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Honolulu County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Honolulu County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Honolulu County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Honolulu County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 808-768-3799. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Honolulu before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the City Hall at 808-768-4385.