Lanier County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Lanier County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lanier County, Georgia. You can contact the Lanier County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Lanier County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Lanier County Assessor's Office is located in Lakeland, Georgia. Lakeland is the county seat of Lanier County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Lanier County Courthouse, at 100 West Main Street, Suite 2.
Lanier County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lanier County Information
Lanier County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lanier County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lanier County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lanier County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lanier County.
- The Lanier County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lanier County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lanier County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lanier County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lanier County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 229-482-2090. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lanier County assessor's office at 229-482-2105. Please call the assessor's office in Lakeland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lanier County Courthouse at 229-482-2088.