Habersham County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Habersham County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Habersham County, Georgia. You can contact the Habersham County Assessor for:
- Checking the Habersham County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
The Habersham County Assessor's Office is located in Clarkesville, Georgia. Clarkesville is the county seat of Habersham County, where most local government offices are located.
Habersham County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Habersham County Information
Habersham County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Habersham County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Habersham County Tax Appraiser.
- The Habersham County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Habersham County.
- The Habersham County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Habersham County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Habersham County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Habersham County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Habersham County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-754-2557. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Habersham County assessor's office at 706-754-8079. Please call the assessor's office in Clarkesville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Habersham County Courthouse at 706-754-6264.