Gilmer County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Gilmer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Gilmer County, Georgia. You can contact the Gilmer County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Gilmer County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Gilmer County Assessor's Office is located in Ellijay, Georgia. Ellijay is the county seat of Gilmer County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Gilmer County Courthosue, at 1 Broad Street.
Gilmer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Gilmer County Information
Gilmer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Gilmer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Gilmer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Gilmer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Gilmer County.
- The Gilmer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Gilmer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Gilmer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Gilmer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Gilmer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 706-276-2742. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Gilmer County assessor's office at 706-635-2721. Please call the assessor's office in Ellijay before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Gilmer County Courthosue at 706-635-4361.