Coweta County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Coweta County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Coweta County, Georgia. You can contact the Coweta County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Coweta County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Coweta County Assessor's Office is located in Newnan, Georgia.
Coweta County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Coweta County Information
Coweta County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Coweta County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Coweta County Tax Appraiser.
- The Coweta County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Coweta County.
- The Coweta County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Coweta County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Coweta County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Coweta County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Coweta County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-254-2680. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Coweta County assessor's office at 770-254-2649. Please call the assessor's office in Newnan before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.