Bibb County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Bibb County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bibb County, Georgia. You can contact the Bibb County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Bibb County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Bibb County Assessor's Office is located in Macon, Georgia. Macon is the county seat of Bibb County, where most local government offices are located.
Bibb County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bibb County Information
Bibb County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bibb County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bibb County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bibb County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bibb County.
- The Bibb County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bibb County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bibb County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bibb County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bibb County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 478-621-6701. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bibb County assessor's office at 478-621-6737. Please call the assessor's office in Macon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bibb County government at 478-749-6400.