Bartow County, Georgia - Assessor's Office
The Bartow County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bartow County, Georgia. You can contact the Bartow County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Bartow County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Bartow County Assessor's Office is located in Cartersville, Georgia. Cartersville is the county seat of Bartow County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bartow County Courthouse, at 135 West Cherokee Avenue, Suite 243B.
Bartow County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bartow County Information
Bartow County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bartow County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bartow County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bartow County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bartow County.
- The Bartow County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bartow County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bartow County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bartow County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bartow County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 770-3875090. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bartow County assessor's office at 770-387-5611. Please call the assessor's office in Cartersville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bartow County Courthouse at 770-387-5030.