Volusia County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Volusia County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Volusia County, Florida. You can contact the Volusia County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Volusia County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Volusia County Assessor's Office is located in Deland, Florida. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Administrative Center, at 123 West Indiana Avenue, Room 102.
Volusia County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Volusia County Information
Volusia County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Volusia County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Volusia County Tax Appraiser.
- The Volusia County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Volusia County.
- The Volusia County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Volusia County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Volusia County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Volusia County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Volusia County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 386-736-5901. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Deland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Administrative Center at 386-736-5920.