Manatee County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Manatee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Manatee County, Florida. You can contact the Manatee County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Manatee County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
The Manatee County Assessor's Office is located in Bradenton, Florida. Bradenton is the county seat of Manatee County, where most local government offices are located.
Manatee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Manatee County Information
Manatee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Manatee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Manatee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Manatee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Manatee County.
- The Manatee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Manatee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Manatee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Manatee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Manatee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 941-748-8208. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Manatee County assessor's office at 941-742-5664. Please call the assessor's office in Bradenton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Manatee County government at 941-745-3700.