Levy County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Levy County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Levy County, Florida. You can contact the Levy County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Levy County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Levy County Assessor's Office is located in Bronson, Florida. Bronson is the county seat of Levy County, where most local government offices are located.
Levy County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Levy County Information
Levy County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Levy County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Levy County Tax Appraiser.
- The Levy County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Levy County.
- The Levy County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Levy County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Levy County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Levy County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Levy County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 352-486-5222. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Levy County assessor's office at 352-486-5187. Please call the assessor's office in Bronson before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Levy County Courthouse at 352-486-5100.