Indian River County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Indian River County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Indian River County, Florida. You can contact the Indian River County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Indian River County property tax due date
The Indian River County Assessor's Office is located in Vero Beach, Florida. Vero Beach is the county seat of Indian River County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Indian River County Administration Building, at 1800 27th Street.
Indian River County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Indian River County Information
Indian River County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Indian River County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Indian River County Tax Appraiser.
- The Indian River County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Indian River County.
- The Indian River County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Indian River County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Indian River County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Indian River County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Indian River County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 772-567-8000. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Indian River County assessor's office at 772-770-5087. Please call the assessor's office in Vero Beach before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Indian River County Administration Building at 772-567-8000.