Charlotte County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Charlotte County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Charlotte County, Florida. You can contact the Charlotte County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Charlotte County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Charlotte County Assessor's Office is located in Port Charlotte, Florida. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Charlotte County Administration Center, at 18500 Murdock Circle.
Charlotte County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Charlotte County Information
Charlotte County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Charlotte County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Charlotte County Tax Appraiser.
- The Charlotte County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Charlotte County.
- The Charlotte County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Charlotte County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Charlotte County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Charlotte County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Charlotte County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 941-743-1498. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Charlotte County assessor's office at 941-743-1499. Please call the assessor's office in Port Charlotte before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Charlotte County Administration Center at 941-743-1200.