Bay County, Florida - Assessor's Office
The Bay County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bay County, Florida. You can contact the Bay County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bay County property tax due date
The Bay County Assessor's Office is located in Panama City, Florida. Panama City is the county seat of Bay County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Bay County Courthouse, at 860 W 11th Street.
Bay County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bay County Information
Bay County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bay County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bay County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bay County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bay County.
- The Bay County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bay County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bay County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bay County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bay County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 850-248-8401. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bay County assessor's office at 850-248-8447. Please call the assessor's office in Panama City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bay County Courthouse at 850-747-5100.