Town of Kent, Connecticut - Assessor's Office
The Town of Kent Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Kent, Connecticut. You can contact the Town of Kent Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Kent property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
The Town of Kent Assessor's Office is located in the Kent Town Hall in Kent, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
Town of Kent Assessor Contact Information
Town of Kent Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Kent Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Kent Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Kent Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Kent.
- The Town of Kent Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Kent Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Kent, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Kent about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Kent Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 860-927-3160. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Kent assessor's office at 860-927-4541. Please call the assessor's office in Kent before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.