Weld County, Colorado - Assessor's Office
The Weld County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Weld County, Colorado. You can contact the Weld County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Weld County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Weld County Assessor's Office is located in Greeley, Colorado. Greeley is the county seat of Weld County, where most local government offices are located.
Weld County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Weld County Information
Weld County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Weld County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Weld County Tax Appraiser.
- The Weld County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Weld County.
- The Weld County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Weld County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Weld County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Weld County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Weld County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 970-353-3845-Ext.-3650. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Weld County assessor's office at 970-304-6433. Please call the assessor's office in Greeley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Weld County government at 970-356-4000.