Tulare County, California - Assessor's Office
The Tulare County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tulare County, California. You can contact the Tulare County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Tulare County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Tulare County Assessor's Office is located in Visalia, California. Visalia is the county seat of Tulare County, where most local government offices are located.
Tulare County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tulare County Information
Tulare County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tulare County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tulare County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tulare County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tulare County.
- The Tulare County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tulare County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tulare County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tulare County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tulare County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 559-636-5100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tulare County assessor's office at 559-737-4468. Please call the assessor's office in Visalia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Administration Building at 559-733-6531.