Calaveras County, California - Assessor's Office
The Calaveras County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Calaveras County, California. You can contact the Calaveras County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Calaveras County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The Calaveras County Assessor's Office is located in San Andreas, California. San Andreas is the county seat of Calaveras County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Calaveras County Government Center, at 891 Mountain Ranch Road.
Calaveras County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Calaveras County Information
Calaveras County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Calaveras County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Calaveras County Tax Appraiser.
- The Calaveras County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Calaveras County.
- The Calaveras County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Calaveras County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Calaveras County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Calaveras County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Calaveras County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 209-754-6356. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Calaveras County assessor's office at 209-754-6739. Please call the assessor's office in San Andreas before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Calaveras County Government Center at 209-754-6303.