Poinsett County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Poinsett County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Poinsett County, Arkansas. You can contact the Poinsett County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Poinsett County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Poinsett County Assessor's Office is located in Harrisburg, Arkansas. Harrisburg is the county seat of Poinsett County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Poinsett County Courthouse, at 401 Market Street.
Poinsett County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Poinsett County Information
Poinsett County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Poinsett County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Poinsett County Tax Appraiser.
- The Poinsett County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Poinsett County.
- The Poinsett County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Poinsett County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Poinsett County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Poinsett County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Poinsett County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-578-4435. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Poinsett County assessor's office at 870-578-4429. Please call the assessor's office in Harrisburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Poinsett County Courthouse at 870-578-5333.