Clay County, Arkansas - Assessor's Office
The Clay County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clay County, Arkansas. You can contact the Clay County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Clay County property tax due date
The Clay County Assessor's Office is located in Piggott, Arkansas.
Clay County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clay County Information
Clay County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clay County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clay County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clay County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clay County.
- The Clay County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clay County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clay County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clay County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clay County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 870-598-3870. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Piggott before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clay County Courthouse at 870-598-2667.