Winston County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Winston County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Winston County, Alabama. You can contact the Winston County Assessor for:
- Checking the Winston County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Winston County Assessor's Office is located in the Winston County Courthouse in Double Springs, Alabama. Double Springs is the county seat of Winston County, where most local government offices are located.
Winston County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Winston County Information
Winston County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Winston County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Winston County Tax Appraiser.
- The Winston County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Winston County.
- The Winston County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Winston County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Winston County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Winston County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Winston County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 205-489-5166. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Winston County assessor's office at 205-489-8926. Please call the assessor's office in Double Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Winston County Courthouse at 205-489-5026.