Henry County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Henry County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Henry County, Alabama. You can contact the Henry County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Henry County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Henry County Assessor's Office is located in the Henry County Courthouse in Abbeville, Alabama.
Henry County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Henry County Information
Henry County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Henry County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Henry County Tax Appraiser.
- The Henry County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Henry County.
- The Henry County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Henry County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Henry County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Henry County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Henry County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-585-3043. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Abbeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.