Etowah County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Etowah County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Etowah County, Alabama. You can contact the Etowah County Assessor for:
- Checking the Etowah County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Etowah County Assessor's Office is located in Gadsden, Alabama. Gadsden is the county seat of Etowah County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Etowah County Court House, at 800 Forest Avenue.
Etowah County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Etowah County Information
Etowah County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Etowah County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Etowah County Tax Appraiser.
- The Etowah County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Etowah County.
- The Etowah County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Etowah County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Etowah County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Etowah County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Etowah County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 256-549-5323. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Gadsden before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Etowah County Court House at 256-549-5300.