Elmore County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Elmore County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Elmore County, Alabama. You can contact the Elmore County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Elmore County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Elmore County Assessor's Office is located in Wetumpka, Alabama. Wetumpka is the county seat of Elmore County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Elmore County Courthouse, at 100 East Commerce Street, Room 107.
Elmore County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Elmore County Information
Elmore County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Elmore County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Elmore County Tax Appraiser.
- The Elmore County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Elmore County.
- The Elmore County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Elmore County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Elmore County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Elmore County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Elmore County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-567-1184. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Elmore County assessor's office at 334-567-1116. Please call the assessor's office in Wetumpka before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Elmore County Courthouse at 334-567-1159.