Colbert County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Colbert County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Colbert County, Alabama. You can contact the Colbert County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Colbert County property tax due date
The Colbert County Assessor's Office is located in the Colbert County Courthouse in Tuscumbia, Alabama.
Colbert County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Colbert County Information
Colbert County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Colbert County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Colbert County Tax Appraiser.
- The Colbert County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Colbert County.
- The Colbert County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Colbert County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Colbert County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Colbert County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Colbert County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 256-386-8530. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tuscumbia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.