Bullock County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Bullock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bullock County, Alabama. You can contact the Bullock County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Bullock County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
The Bullock County Assessor's Office is located in the Bullock County Courthouse in Union Springs, Alabama.
Bullock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bullock County Information
Bullock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bullock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bullock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bullock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bullock County.
- The Bullock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bullock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bullock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bullock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bullock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-738-2888. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bullock County assessor's office at 334-738-2984. Please call the assessor's office in Union Springs before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.