Mercer County, West Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Mercer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mercer County, West Virginia. You can contact the Mercer County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mercer County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
The Mercer County Assessor's Office is located in Princeton, West Virginia.
Mercer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mercer County Information
Mercer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mercer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mercer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mercer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mercer County.
- The Mercer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mercer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mercer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mercer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mercer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 304-487-8397. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mercer County assessor's office at 304-487-8351. Please call the assessor's office in Princeton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.