Town of Wellesley, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Wellesley Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Wellesley, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Wellesley Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Wellesley property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Town of Wellesley Assessor's Office is located in the Wellesley Town Hall in Wellesley, Norfolk County, Massachusetts.
Town of Wellesley Assessor Contact Information
Town of Wellesley Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Wellesley Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Wellesley Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Wellesley Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Wellesley.
- The Town of Wellesley Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Wellesley Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Wellesley, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Wellesley about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Wellesley Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 781-431-1019. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Wellesley assessor's office at 781-237-5037. Please call the assessor's office in Wellesley before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Town Of Wellesley Administration Building at 781-461-6105.