Town of Somerset, Massachusetts - Assessor's Office
The Town of Somerset Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Somerset, Massachusetts. You can contact the Town of Somerset Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Town of Somerset property tax due date
The Town of Somerset Assessor's Office is located in the Somerset Town Office Bldg, Room 20 in Somerset, Bristol County, Massachusetts.
Town of Somerset Assessor Contact Information
Town of Somerset Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Somerset Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Somerset Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Somerset Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Somerset.
- The Town of Somerset Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Somerset Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Somerset, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Somerset about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Somerset Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 508-646-2823. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Somerset assessor's office at 508-646-2825. Please call the assessor's office in Somerset before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.